From New Orleans, Louisiana, USA:

I am worried about my grandson. I have read that consuming sugar is not a cause of getting diabetes. However, he will not eat food if it is not sweet. On his father's side, his ancestors has or had plenty of cases of diabetes. He is only three years old, but his eating habits are terrible. He is very short. Not overweight, but craves sweets all the time. Should I be concerned?

Consuming sugar does not cause diabetes.

I can see how you might be concerned with the choices he makes. Something you can do is to provide foods that are nutritious for him to choose from. You might start with fruits, since they are naturally sweet. Making simple desserts that are nutritious as well as sweet may also be a starting point. Make sure that your grandchild sees you eating healthy too.