From Charlottesville, Virginia, USA:

I am 28 and have had insulin-dependent diabetes for 19 years. My husband and are want to become pregnant sometime this year, and we are working on achieving tighter glucose control to lower my A1c and better our chances of a successful pregnancy. My question is about the use of Humalog before and during pregnancy. My doctor has recently switched me from Regular to Humalog with fairly good results (despite occasional hypoglycemic episodes). Is there any more recent information on the safety of using Humalog before and during pregnancy than that which is currently on your website? Please provide any updates that you can.

I am not aware of any new information on lispro insulin [Humalog® brand] in pregnancy, other than what is already on this website.

[Editor's comment: There are many other questions about Humalog and pregnancy. JSH]

Posted to Family Planning and Insulin Analogs