From Florida, USA:

My wife has diabetes. She says she can have fatty foods because they are low in sugar. Is that true?

The answer is hard to give because fatty foods are to be used in moderation by all people who are trying to live a healthy lifestyle. I don't know if your wife has a weight problem or a high cholesterol, LDL Cholesterol, or other health problems that might be affected by a high fat diet. In general, all foods in moderation can be a good guideline, but certainly a look at the Food Guide Pyramid might help to put things into perspective. The normal recommendation for fat intake is 30% of the total calories unless there are other problems like the ones I mentioned.