From Minnesota, USA:

I am 18 years old and have had diabetes for 16 years. My glycohemoglobin has bounced around a lot, about a year ago it was as high as 13.2, now it is around 9.0. I want to know how I can get my hemoglobin down into a normal range. I try so hard to keep my blood sugars down, but always seem to run high. Also after getting my diabetes under tight control, what are my chances of having a healthy baby? I have no symptoms of diabetes at this time.

You're headed in the right direction! If you're not already on an intensified treatment program using multiple injections or a pump, consider starting one. Be sure that you are seeing a diabetes team that can provide the support you need. With tight control, your chances of developing complications are significantly diminished and, in all likelihood, you'll be able to have healthy children.

Posted to A1c, Glycohemoglobin, HgbA1c