From Ottawa, Ontario, Canada:

My 9 year old niece was recently diagnosed as having Type 1 diabetes. She was very active in sports, especially swimming and soccer. I want to encourage her by letting her know that famous athletes and celebrities that she has heard of have had diabetes. A similar question was asked in the Exercise and Sports section but the list of Athletes was very short and they weren't anyone that a nine year old girl could relate to. If you have any ideas where I could get a more comprehensive list of celebrities who have diabetes, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Angela & Rose Goode have a "Famous Diabetics" webpage, which includes musicians, actors, comedians, scientists, writers, "the infamous," and many others. Athletes are represented under "Sports." I can't vouch for the accuracy of the information presented.