My 9 month old contracted the rotavirus over 2 weeks ago. How long will he have it? He still has diarrhea. Is there a link to diabetes? I was gestational diabetic when pregnant with him and both of my parents are diabetic. I have some hyperglycemic symptoms now and then.

I hope I can unlock this mystery.

Rotavirus infections are the commonest cause of gastroenteritis in infancy; but usually they have cleared up after two weeks. If you are worried about your baby's progress be sure to take him/her to the pediatrician. There doesn't seem to be any specific link between a rotavirus infection and diabetes. In any case your gestational diabetes and the kind of diabetes that your parents are most likely to have is almost certainly different from the autoimmune form commonest in infancy.