Question:

I have a son 3 years old with Type 1 diabetes. A fellow worker told me to try a couple of teaspoons of vinegar. I know you hear a lot of wild stories about increasing insulin production, and helping arthritis, but have you ever heard any research done on vinegar?

Answer:

I am sorry, I have not heard the vinegar to increase insulin production solution. I would doubt that it has any substantiated research behind it though.

JM

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to Top

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.