Question:

From the USA:

What are the pro's and con's of insulin pumps for children with diabetes? Some people on this site say they're great for kids, others say they're not, and others say their pediatric endocrinologists have never even mentioned using an insulin pump.

Answer:

I would refer you to previous questions answered about pumps, as well as the other information available at this website. I would also talk to a diabetes educator or physician who is knowledgeable and experienced in the use of the insulin pump in children to see if your child would be a candidate. Minimed and Disetronic (the pump manufacturers) have information available as well.

LM

[Editor's comment: There are several parents of kids with pumps who frequent the Parents Chat Room. JSH]

Posted to Insulin Pumps