From Wyoming, USA:

I work for the Diabetes Control Program in the state of Wyoming. We frequently get questions from the general public with diabetes. We recently got this question in, with no answer to be found, maybe you can help.

I was wondering if there was any form of machine that would measure the correct amount of insulin into a syringe. This would be extremely helpful for blind and/or elderly people with diabetes.

There are two systems that we have used here. One is 'Countadose' and the other is 'Autoclick.' They use normal BD syringes; but withdrawal of the plunger is calibrated in audible clicks. These devices are not always obtainable in pharmacies, but can usually be found in stores like 'Independent Living Aids' that specialise in items for the handicapped.

Another device is the 'Insul-eze' which is a syringe magnifier made by Palco Labs, 8030 Soquel Ave, Santa Cruz, CA 95062-2032.