From Vermont, USA:

I read that the GlucoWatch has been approved in Europe. Can you tell me if this is true? If so, what countries has it been approved in?

What you may have read is that Cygnus, which is developing the GlucoWatch, has received ISO 9002 certification. According to the company's annual report for the fiscal year ended December 31, 1997, filed on February 4, 1998, "The Company recently received ISO 9002 certification [for the GlucoWatch]. Consequently, the Company expects to receive approval for the use of the "CE" mark for sales of its products in Europe."

It also says that "The Company's GlucoWatch has not yet been manufactured for commercial sale."

Posted to Research: Monitoring and Daily Care