Question:

From Columbus, Mississippi, USA:

My daughter is 11 years old and has had Type 1 diabetes for about 15 months. She is now having severe stomach pains to the point that she cannot stand upright and has missed quite a bit of school. Her endocrinologist ordered an upper GI X-ray and an ultrasound, both of which came back normal. We have an appointment in a month with a pediatric gastroenterologist in Memphis. I really hate for her to have to go through lots of testing (CT scan, endoscopy, etc) if someone has information that could help us explore other possibilities while we wait.

Answer:

Your doctors are "on the ground" and have the huge advantage of being able to ask your daughter questions and examine her. It would be presumptuous of me to try to second guess them. If they are at all competent, they will share your view that unnecessary investigations should not be done.