We are contemplating getting an insulin pump for our 16 year old son. However he is extremely allergic to tape. And I mean allergic. BandAids of any type, tape of any type cause major red welts on his skin within 24 hours. He has never even been able to put on those washable tattoos on his skin because of the same reactions. Is there fool-proof non-allergic type tape that he may try out before we cough-up the money to purchase an insulin pump?

I would check with the pump companies. It is my understanding that they use a highly non-allergenic tape. Also, you might want to consult an allergist to find out what exactly your son is allergic to and what the best approach is to avoiding the reactions.

Posted to Insulin Pumps