From Maine, USA:

I was originally diagnosed with a blood sugar of 1300 mg/dl 5 years ago and have been on and off insulin 4 times. I now take Glucophage [a pill for Type 2 diabetes], Regular, Ultralente and NPH insulins (up to 90 units per day). I have a problem with nightsweats and odiferous results, not crashing at night, that affects my relationship. My A1c [glycohemoglobin] is consistently high (10-14). I exercise, eat a 2500 calorie diet, and work in Special Education. Got any answers?

No answers, but some suggestions. It seems clear from the information you have presented that you have Type 2 diabetes, and are physically active, but it's unclear whether you are obese and need to lose weight or not. (The following suggestions would apply in either case.)

First, if you are not under the care of an endocrinologist or a diabetes team, you should be.

Second, if you haven't seen a dietitian recently, you should: learn about carb counting.

Next: the sweats and odors are unlikely to be related to the diabetes. Go back to your physician and ask them for advice about this.

Finally, be sure to check your blood sugar frequently, and look for patterns of highs and lows that are related to food, exercise, or stress. If things are out of whack, telephone or fax your results to your doctor weekly until things settle down.