From Toms River, New Jersey, USA:

Do you know where I can find more detailed and specific information on the cause and treatment of diabetes as well as the more scientific details of insulin produced by the body and the insulin given by injections (human insulin) in reaction to food, exercise and inactivity? This information is to help me to determine my own insulin injections and food intake.

I don't know what level you are at with your education generally and in relation to diabetes; but a good place to start might be with Understanding Insulin-Dependent Diabetes by H. Peter Chase, M.D. You can read it and if you want, download it without charge at If you find this rather easygoing and you want to explore a special theme in more depth you might try PubMed, at