Question:

From Alberta, Canada:

Is there any software for Windows 95/NT that is designed only for calculating food groups for diabetics? I do not need software that allows the downloading of blood results but being able to input a recipe and have the amount of starches, fruit/vegetables, fats, etc. calculated would be fantastic. I heard there was a company in Ontario working on just this but a quick search of the Net found nothing.

Answer:

I am unaware of any programs that only analyze food, though I cannot imagine there aren't such programs. I suggest that you visit your nearest computer superstore and browse through the titles.

If you want a diabetes management program that also includes nutritional management, I suggest Balance PC.

JSH

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.