Question:

From Florida, USA:

I need a diet to go by for Type 2 diabetes. I am a 38 year old female. I just need to know what I can eat and not eat. I need a list of things I can eat.

Answer:

Meal plans need to be developed for each individual. I would suggest that you find a dietitian by calling your doctor's office or a hospital in your area to make an appointment. She or he will be able to assess how many calories you should be on to be successful at maintaining your blood sugars and will have instructional materials for you as well.

JM