Question:

From California, USA:

My granddaughter is 7 years old and has been diagnosed with "granuloma annulare." A biopsy of the area was taken. No results as yet. Will she be a diabetic and did eating too much food with nitrates start this? What could her prognosis be down the line? What do we have to look for?

Answer:

The evidence that granuloma annulare is related to diabetes is rather tenuous - I thought that it was a lot stronger until I looked into it. So, don't panic. The symptoms of diabetes include excessive thirst, excessive urination, and weight loss.