From California, USA:

My granddaughter is 7 years old and has been diagnosed with "granuloma annulare." A biopsy of the area was taken. No results as yet. Will she be a diabetic and did eating too much food with nitrates start this? What could her prognosis be down the line? What do we have to look for?

The evidence that granuloma annulare is related to diabetes is rather tenuous - I thought that it was a lot stronger until I looked into it. So, don't panic. The symptoms of diabetes include excessive thirst, excessive urination, and weight loss.