From Mexico:

I would like to know if a diabetic person is prone to have problems of the heart. I also wanted to know if insulin can produce some form of holes in the skin of the person. I also would like to know if a person with diabetes can enter thermal waters (they are 50°C).

There are three questions here:

1. Does diabetes affect the heart?
  2. Can diabetes cause skin ulcers?
  3. Can someone with diabetes bath in hot water?

1. Yes, diabetes is associated with heart disease because of an increased tendency for the arteries to get furred up. This makes attention to diet and exercise doubly important and sometimes also requires treatment with drugs to reduce the fat content of blood.

2. Poorly controlled diabetes can damage nerves and make skin less sensitive so minor damage isn't noticed and can go on to cause ulcers. This is especially true on the feet so it is important to take care with good fitting shoes, careful nail cutting, etc.

3. The issue of hot water relates to the answer to question 2. You shouldn't step into hot water without first checking the temperature. If you are on insulin then you should know that it may be absorbed from the skin faster in warm water and lead to low blood sugar.