Question:

From Dallas, Texas, USA:

I recently was put on hormone replacement and blood sugars went wacky. I checked the medical stuff on the internet and found that medroxyprogesterone has been shown to sometimes induce diabetes in lab animals. My gynecologist removed the medroxyprogesterone and now I'm on estrogen only with an annual endometrial biopsy to check for anything abnormal.

How long will this take to get out of my body (it's been 28 days so far since I stopped taking it)? Could it have a permanent impact? I'm Type 2 on oral medications.

Answer:

The progesterone is metabolized very quickly and should not have any long term effects.