From Townsville, Queensland, Australia:

My daughter, age 7, was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 15 months ago. She has expressed interest about going on to a pen. I noticed the B-D Pen Mini mentioned in the Children with Diabetes web page. After making enquiries in Australia I have been told that B-D has no intention of distributing the pen in Australia (because of our smaller market, I guess). Does B-D have an e-mail address or a fax number or a contact person so that I might try to get the pen directly? I'm feeling very annoyed at this discrimination as I would hope that my child has access to the latest developments as does any other child.

In the U.S., at this time, the B-D Pen Mini is available by phone/mail order only. I called them, and unfortunately they will not ship overseas. If you know someone in the U.S., they could call 1-888-400-PENS and order it for you. It costs US$39.50. Of course, only do this after consulting with your diabetes care team. The pen uses the same needles and insulin cartridges as the other pens.

[Editor's comment: You could also contact any of the mail order companies that sell diabetes supplies, and see if they could arrange to ship the product to you. WWQ]