From Nashua, New Hampshire, USA:

I have had Type 1 diabetes for 13 years. I am 25 years old. I have been on an insulin pump for about 4 years. My last HgbA1c was 5.2. I am pleased with this number. My question is about my fasting lipid profile that was also taken. I had my cholesterol taken and it was 159. My HDL's were 63 and my LDL's were 77. Can you please tell me what an "excellent number" is concerning my lipid profiles? I exercise 5 times a week. Shouldn't my HDL's be higher?

Your lipid and HbA1c values look quite good and this means that your overall metabolic control is fine. According to the most recent consensus conferences for lipid levels desirable in normal adult populations, total cholesterol should be up to 200 mg/dl, LDL-C up to 130 mg/dl, HDL-C higher than 35 mg/dl and triglycerides up to 120 mg/dl. Your HDL-C is high enough also if you consider the TC/HDL-C ratio. Keep on doing exercise and stick to the insulin regimen that gives you such a good metabolic control.