From Sydney, NSW, Australia:

My 8 year old daughter has been on 3 courses of Augmentin [an antibiotic] for impetigo on her face. She developed an allergic reaction to it so has now stopped medication but still has the sores on her face. The doctor said if the impetigo does not clear she will need to have a blood test for diabetes. Is this correct and why?

Impetigo is not usually associated with diabetes but this can be a precipitant. I don't think you should worry unduly and I have to say that I see impetigo regularly and don't immediately rush to check a blood sugar. In any case a simple dipstick urine test would suffice. I think a change of antibiotic would be a more appropriate course of action.