From Pennsylvania, USA:

My 14 year old daughter was diagnosed with Type I diabetes 4 months ago. Tonight I discovered that she has been regurgitating her food late at night (and perhaps at school) and I also realized that she is performing self-mutilation on her body. I'm no longer sure which specialist she needs. Where do I go? She does have an appointment with her endocrinologist soon.

Your daughter is in need of psychiatric intervention. Please call your physician, and ask for a referral to an appropriate clinician. The behaviors of self-mutilation and bulimia are serious. Do not wait for the scheduled appointment with an endocrinologist.

Posted to Behavior