From the state of Washington, USA:

Where is the best place to get an I.D. bracelet for my diabetes that isn't too expensive?

In my opinion, the "best" place to get identification bracelets (or necklaces) is from MedicAlert. Their I.D. bracelets say "Medic Alert" and have the medical emblem of a snake on a stick on one side, and personalized information, including your medical condition(s) and a personal identification number, plus the message "Call Collect" and the MedicAlert phone number. With this system, if someone finds a person with the identification, and calls the MedicAlert number, the people at MedicAlert can give additional information that you placed on file with the service.

MedicAlert has varying prices for their bracelets and necklaces, starting with simple stainless steel, and going up from there if you want a more elaborate "prettier" appearance. It's US$35.00 for the stainless steel version, but the price can be waived for people who are indigent: all it takes is a letter from your physician or nurse, on official letterhead, indicating that the patient is indigent and needs the identification. (They may ask for additional documentation, like a copy of a Medicaid card.)

You can call 1-800-IDALERT (1-800-4325378) for more information and a brochure.