From Virginia, USA:

My daughter is 6 years old and has had a chronic vaginal rash for the last 6 months. She has had these rashes on and off for about 3 years. She is also a little over weight for her age (not much, but a bit) and has thick toenails that curl under. I have searched the net for all of these symptoms and diabetes keeps popping up. Are these symptoms of diabetes? Should she be checked? Thank you for any guidance.

If your daughter has had a normal blood sugar test for diabetes, it might be worthwhile for her to be seen by a gynecologist with an interest in pediatrics. Persistent vaginal rash can be from a variety of different causes, diabetes being one.