From California, USA:

I have been a diabetic for 40 years. My doctor gave me the new insulin Humalog to try. Is there a sliding scale for it? Like, if your blood sugar is 235 so you give 5 units of regular Humalog? I would like the scale please. I had a diabetic stroke 2 weeks ago on my left side. I am having a hard enough time with that. I am still using my Regular insulin and NPH. I will use the Humalog if I can fine out the sliding scale chart.

I think you need to sit down with your diabetes doctor and have him explain the way the different insulins work and how they have different times of action. This will help you to know what to do with your doses. You will work out your own "sliding scale" according to your blood sugars after a variety of activities.

Posted to Insulin Analogs