From the United Kingdom:

I have heard from a medical nurse that it is advisable to store insulins at 2-8 degrees Celsius. Is that true? It would be helpful if you could tell me the right temperature that an insulin should be stored.

Insulin should not be allowed to freeze. It should be kept away from heat and sunlight. The manufacturers recommend that it be kept at less than 30 degrees C (86 degrees F). Many people keep their open bottles at room temperature for one month (or in the refrigerator), following the above guidelines. They would keep their unopened bottles in the refrigerator.