Question:

From Japan:

My 16 month old daughter is perpetually thirsty and has soaked diapers every 90 minutes. Normal height and weight. She has always been like this, but I worry since her 4 year old sister is Type 1, so I occasionally test her blood. Yesterday morning she awoke at 47. Today she was at 48. No symptoms of hypoglycemia. No virus. Monitor seems accurate with her sister. Should I be concerned?

Answer:

These are lowish sugars but not inherently worrying in a young child who has fasted all night and is asymptomatic.

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Hypoglycemia