Question:

From Japan:

My 16 month old daughter is perpetually thirsty and has soaked diapers every 90 minutes. Normal height and weight. She has always been like this, but I worry since her 4 year old sister is Type 1, so I occasionally test her blood. Yesterday morning she awoke at 47. Today she was at 48. No symptoms of hypoglycemia. No virus. Monitor seems accurate with her sister. Should I be concerned?

Answer:

These are lowish sugars but not inherently worrying in a young child who has fasted all night and is asymptomatic.

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Hypoglycemia

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to Top

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.