From Surrey, British Columbia, Canada:

I recently tested for gestational diabetes (1 hour test) and my doctor has now scheduled me for the 3 hour test. He said that my reading was too high. But in reading other persons results at your website, their readings seem to be around 150+ . My results were 90 something and my doctor said the highest should be 72. Are the readings different in Canada than in the U.S.A.?

I am not sure what results your physician is reporting to you. The usual threshold value in the 1 hour glucose screen is as low as 135 mg/dl or as high as 150 mg/dl. I use the lower value in my practice. Ask your physician to clarify the results of the test for you.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes