Question:

From Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA:

After twice-daily insulin injections for the past 22 years (I'm 28), I've developed unsightly insulin deposits on my arms and legs. I've tried exercising these muscle groups to no avail. These are large, hard knot-like deposits under my skin, and are noticeable when I wear shorts and sleeveless shirts. Is there anything that will help get rid of this condition? How about massage?

Answer:

The only way to get rid of the lumps is to not use those sites for 6 - 8 months. Try using your buttocks and abdomen or inject around the lumps. Continuing to inject into the lumps will result in poor insulin absorption.

SS