From Web TV:

My 14 year old son has high blood sugars after school. His blood sugar levels are 250 to 400. He won't take his lunchtime Humalog shot.

My guess is that this young man does not want to risk embarrassment at school. Many kids are reluctant to be "different" from their peers, especially at age 14! I would speak to your son's endocrinologist about revamping his insulin regime so that lunchtime shots are eliminated. The physicians I have worked with attempt to avoid shots at school altogether.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA and Social Issues: School and Daycare