From Michigan, USA:

I belong to a school nurse list group. One of the recent postings was talking about a possible link between the HIB immunization and diabetes. There was also the question of timing of MMR immunization and the onset of diabetes. I know onset of Type 1 diabetes sometimes follows a flu illness. Is there somewhere I can find more information? I am a school nurse and parents often ask questions.

Look at the commentary at the JDF website for more information. There have been some recent suggestions that the timing of certain immunizations may affect the chance of developing diabetes later on in life. This is very hard to prove and the scientific evidence is thin.