From Vermont, USA:

I own a vitamin and supplement company. I recently had a 15 year old male with Type 1 diabetes ask me if taking creatine monohydrate to help increase his strength would cause insulin spikes or any other problems. What can you tell me about creatine monohydrate?

There is indeed evidence that creatine supplements do enhance high intensity activities like weight lifting and since your young customer is interested in "increasing his strength," I rather assume that that is what he is into. Per se creatine has no direct metabolic relationship to insulin and they affect the opposite ends of the energy cascade. What is important though to a diabetic athlete is to ensure that the conversion of glucose to energy is working at maximum efficiency and this means being in the best possible control, control that is not only of high blood sugars; but of the management and especially the prevention of low blood sugars.