Question:

Help! I'm a private-pay patient in need of inexpensive glucose monitoring strips for my major brand of meter. Do you have any information for me as to sources, etc.?

Answer:

Watch for local sales on strips. Ask your diabetes educator where the cheapest strips are sold locally. You could try asking your local ADA. Read the Diabetes Forecast's advertising section for mail-order houses that sell strips.

SS

[Editor's comment: Also, write your elected representatives and urge them to consider some form of national health insurance for people who are not otherwise covered. JSH]

Posted to Social Issues: Insurance/Costs