Question:

From Hastings, England:

As a father who has diabetes type 1 with children who also have diabetes type 1, I have been researching C-Peptide and appreciated your previous synopsis on the topic. Would you please tell those who wish to learn more where we may obtain information on C-peptide and how they may obtain C-Peptide supplementation?

Answer:

I am sorry to fail you; but I cannot come up with a supplier of C-peptide for human use. In the United States it has not been approved; but recently there was a limited but careful study from the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm that reported favorably on the use of C-peptide in conjunction with insulin in new onset autoimmune diabetes. Our reply to an earlier enquiry provoked a spirited correspondence with a nonmedical American resident in Sweden who told us that a German firm was about to make this product available.

Your own diabetes physician might have the answer; but if not I would try to see if the regional representative for Lilly or Boots or Novo [insulin manufacturing companies] can dig it out for you. Their research departments would be sure to know of any such venture. It would, by the way, be a mistake to start C-peptide on yourself or any other member of the family without the complete concurrence of the physician involved.

DO'B

Posted to Research: Other