Question:

From Salt Lake City, Utah, USA:

I am trying to prepare for my grandfather's 89th birthday and I am wondering if you have any ideas for a birthday cake or something like that?

Answer:

There are many recipes for cakes made with substitute sugars and cakes made with less sugar etc. The easiest thing to do (and many people like this old standby), is to use angelfood cake with fresh fruit as a topping and whipped topping on top of that. I would suggest you check out the bookstore for more ideas or call your local American Diabetes Association for more help.

JM

[Editor's comment: Also, take a look at some of the recipes at this website! WWQ]