From Texas, USA:

I use an insulin pump. How likely is a coma due to high or low blood sugars?

In my experience, it's very unlikely to become unconscious from either high or low blood sugars, if you are checking your blood sugars frequently. But, to be on the safe side about low sugars, always wear ID and always carry fast acting carbohydrates, and be sure others know you have diabetes and if you're acting flaky to have them feed you. And to be on the safe side about high sugars, if you're sick, be sure you check extra blood sugars, increase your insulin doses, and get plenty of fluids.

Posted to Insulin Pumps