From Fremont, California, USA:

I there is a cure for Type 1 diabetes. I heard that in Russia they made a medicine called "inulin" made from something called "topinambura" and it helps to cure diabetes in early age. Is that true or not?

I have not personally heard about 'topinambura' and could find no published reference to it in two searches in the National Library of Medicine.

As to treatment for Type 1 Diabetes there is as yet nothing that is strictly speaking a "cure" even though enormous advances have been made in recent years in learning how autoimmune diabetes might be prevented, in the ability to achieve meticulous blood sugar control and most appealingly perhaps in the technics of whole pancreas and islet cell transplantation.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations