From LaGrange, Georgia, USA:

I have a friend at work who is middle aged and I guess Type 1. It has only been about two weeks since he has been diagnosed and he wants to know about the sugar content in fruit. He has been told that fruit has natural sugar and would like to know the different levels in different fruits.

In order to maintain blood sugars, a good understanding of how much carbohydrate there is in foods is necessary. I would suggest that your friend find a dietitian who works with people who have diabetes to help develop a meal plan. The dietitian will have information on the sugar content of various fruits. There are references in bookstores that will give the carbohydrate content of many different foods as well. I still think help with a meal plan would be advisable.