Question:

From Arizona, USA:

My son just turned 8 and has been diagnosed for 4 weeks with Type 1. I know herbs aren't a cure but can any help regulate the high and low glucose levels such as Spirulina and/or Pancreatic Enzymes?

Answer:

I'm sorry but in Type 1 diabetic patients in general no herb has ever shown any effect or any help regulating high or low blood glucose. Pancreatic enzymes are used for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency and there is no relationship nor indication with Type 1 diabetes, which is due to an endocrine deficiency of the pancreas.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations