From Tallahassee, Florida, USA:

My daughter (age 12) was diagnosed with Type 1 at the age of 10. She has remained a straight A student. Her blood sugars have remained in very good control with only one serious low during the past two and a half years. However, on a recent annual standardized test, her math skills have shown a marked decline when compared to previous yearly tests. Also, I'm aware that Type 1 diabetes has been linked to mild neurological impairment concerning the ability to process and learn new information. My question is what might I expect in terms of her future abilities to perform well in school considering that she wants to be a scientist one day?

There is some data suggesting that young children (under the age of 7) who have many severe low blood sugars, have an increased risk of learning disabilities. I doubt your child's math problems are related to her diabetes, unless she had low blood sugars during math class or during the standardized exam.