From Davenport, Iowa, USA:

I was wondering what kind of candy I can eat. I'm Type 1, and 14.

Candy is one of the things that belong in the small occasional use portion of the Food Guide Pyramid. Some treatment teams prefer that very little candy is used, however, the carbohydrate counting form of meal planning can allow regular candy to be worked into the meal plan. Sugar is a carbohydrate, so, for instance, a small fun-size Snickers containing 12 grams of carbohydrate could be exchanged for a bread or fruit or milk in your meal plan. You will notice that the nutrients provided by bread, fruit and milk are quite different from the mostly sugar provided in the candy. The "sugar free" candy must also be counted as the sweeteners used provide carbohydrate too. Some of the sugar substitutes can cause intestinal problems like gas and diarrhea. Talk it over with your Diabetes Team and see if they have other suggestions.