From Houston, Texas, USA:

I have a 3 year old girl, diagnosed at 17 months with Type 1. She is a very picky eater, does a lot to bouncing around, is still in the "honeymoon" and has a A1c of 9.2. She weighs only 25.3 pounds and is 33 inches. Because of instability and lack of growth we are starting Intensive Insulin Management next week. I can't find much information on the Internet and need information.

I hope you are being managed by a team that is experienced in dealing with toddlers who have diabetes! Children this age are difficult to control because of irregular appetites, and the nature of their ages. I hope your goals for blood sugar control are realistic, and that she is not having too much hypoglycemia. When you say you are going to intensive insulin therapy, what type of regimen do you mean? We cannot "prescribe" here at Children with Diabetes, but one of the most logical approaches used in this age group is giving Humalog after the child eats, to match what carbohydrates were taken in.