From Charlottesville, Virginia, USA:

My daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 at the age of 2 years. We have only had to use the glucagon on one occasion. The needle is so large and has to be painful. Wouldn't it be possible and make more sense to put the solution in a regular syringe with a much smaller needle thus causing less pain for the child? This way on the occasion of when the child is conscious during the shot, she wouldn't remember the incident as quite so painful.

You can use the syringe that comes with the Glucagon Emergency Kit to mix it and then use an insulin syringe to administer it. However, even though the needle is rather large, if she had such a bad low that she required Glucagon, I doubt she would remember the pain of the injection.