From New Jersey, USA:

My daughter, age 9, has had Type 1 for almost 2 years. She seems to be in denial or wishing her diabetes would go away. She has become attached to me. Are there therapists that deal with children with diabetes? Do you have any suggestions on how I can help her through this time?

Yes, there are therapists who deal with children who have diabetes (I am one myself!). Check and see if there is a diabetes treatment center with a full multi-disciplinary team near you; they should have a counselor as a part of the team.

Posted to Behavior