I watched my local news and they had a story about the possibility of Glucophage for helping infertility. Please let me know any information on this. I am also a diabetic taking an insulin and on an insulin pump and going through infertility treatment with no success yet.

Glucophage (metformin, a pill for Type 2 diabetes) has been used to treat syndromes that are associated with poor ovulation and also insulin resistance. So the Glucophage was directed more at glucose control than actual improvement of fertility.

Posted to Family Planning