From Georgia, USA:

I have a 6 year old son who drinks 24 hours a day practically and is hungry just about as often. He voids a lot during the day and sometimes is up at night as well. I am an RN working for Home Care and have access to blood glucose monitors, and one evening I checked my son's blood sugar and it was 105 approximately 30 minutes to no more than 1 hour after we ate dinner. Is this reading high for a 6 year old, or should I recheck him in the mornings before he eats anything? Type 2 diabetes runs heavily in both sides of the family.

The single reading of 105 is okay. Please be aware that home meters are not considered reliable enough to accurately diagnosis diabetes. You'd need a lab blood sugar to be sure.

Maybe if you use urine sugar test strips for a screen, you could arrange to recheck him more often (and less invasively). If the urine test is positive for sugar, then have your son's doctor check a blood sugar level.

If the family history is of Type 2 diabetes, there's not too much worry of your son having shown up with the family's disorder. Type 2 diabetes usually develops in middle-age or elderly people.