From New Orleans, Louisiana, USA:

I have a five year old diabetic child at my camp. Yesterday she started vomiting severely and her mother had to come get her and take her home. It seemed very serious. We gave her her 10:30 A.M. snack at 10:45 because we were swimming at the time, and I was wondering if this 15 minute lapse could have make her so sick or could it be an actual virus or something unrelated to the diabetes. This is the first problem we have had with her condition in five weeks of camp and it came as a shock.

There are many reasons for vomiting. If she didn't have ketones and high blood sugar, the most common cause would have been an infection.