From Florida, USA:

I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes two months ago. I am going to be 76 years old next month. My doctor currently has me on 4 mg of Amaryl (a pill for Type 2 diabetes). I got a glucose monitor about a week or two ago. Is 80 too low for me? The doctor wants me at 150 and I am now on a 1200 calorie a day diet. And I exercise and swim everyday.

Congratulations on taking charge of your diabetes care! Your exercise program and meal planning should help a lot with maintaining control of the diabetes. It's hard for me to say what level of blood sugar control to aim for without seeing you and evaluating your lifestyle in detail, partially because the lower the better (in terms of preventing diabetes complications later) yet the lower, the higher the risk of severe hypoglycemia. You and your doctor should set up your personal targets for your diabetes control.

You'll need to talk to a diabetes nurse educator or an endocrinologist, if your doctor doesn't have the time to deal with questions like these for you. Ask your doctor to help, or for a referral to someone who can assist you with fine-tuning your diabetes program.