Question:

There is a herbal product called CMO (trade name for Cetylmyristolate or cerasomal-cis-9-cetylmyristoleate) that is supposed to help control sugar levels for diabetics and claims to even get a person off insulin. I have been unable to find it on the Internet and wonder if you have heard anything about this product.

Answer:

I know nothing about it, except references to it that I've found on the Internet. It seems to be touted as a remedy for arthritis, but I find no reference to diabetes.

Now, I'm not going to get into a discussion of whether or not this stuff works or not for arthritis, or whether it's simply quackery, but I will say, that if it had any benefit at all for diabetes, I'd think at least one of these websites would have mentioned it!

Sorry to say, there's no magic remedy for diabetes. Whoever (mis)informed you about this product should be asked to supply the reference for their statement: I can't find any clues to support this wild claim.

WWQ

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations